popcorn!

My 6yr old son Hayden and I decided to watch a movie together and make microwave popcorn. I fell asleep half way through the movie…..he decided to pop the kernels left in the bottom of my most expensive set of tupperware “‘Cause I wanted summore!” I woke up to the worst smell of what I would describe as “burnt ass”…..when i asked him how long he re-cooked the popcorn for he said “two…two…two…two” 22 miniutes and 22 seconds…here is what my tupperware looked like, and be thankful I cannot post what my house smelled like.



PREVIOUS POST:


NEXT POST:

Visit our ARCHIVES for More Laughs and Cringing
SUBMIT Your Pictures, Videos, and/or Tales of Woe!

  • http://twitter.com/SquidTamer Squid Tamer

    You know, if yo look at this from the right ‘angle’ it’s really sweet. He didn’t want to wake Mom up, so he decided to do it himself.

  • Sarah

    wow… you’re lucky that’s all that happened! He could have easily caused a fire.

  • Jacob

    I did that when I was a kid. Sort of. I was fixing my sister’s broken jelly bracelet. By putting it in the microwave to melt the ends together. For an hour. Set it and forget it!

  • http://www.facebook.com/kami.killdren Kami Killdren

    heheh, when I was about 8, I decided I wanted fried eggs and my mother was in the shower. I did everything exactly right except. . .I turned the burner on high. Also, I was trying to baste the eggs, because I had seen her do it a million times, so I decided to put the lid on. Well. . .didn’t take long for that to catch fire. Fortunately, she got out in time to see the smell. . .the smoke. . .and little me saying “I think I just started a fire.” 😀

  • http://www.facebook.com/MattsBella Nicole Davis

    Marshmallow… microwave… 6 years old… s’mores… Need I say more?